Rosemary Mashed Potatoes and Yams VEGAN :-))))
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds yams, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup SOY or Rice milk
- 1/4 cup NUTLEX butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon allspice or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Place garlic in small ovenproof bowl, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes, or until very soft. Cool and peel the garlic, and reserve the oil.
- Boil potatoes and yams in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Place potatoes and yams in a large bowl with Soy milk, Nutlex butter, rosemary, garlic, and reserved olive oil. Mash to desired consistency, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed. Season with cumin, salt, pepper and all spice to taste. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until heated through and golden on top, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 243 | Total Fat: 10.5g | Cholesterol: 17mg ( 10 servings )